Friday, February 20, 2009

Don't worry, I'm still alive...

Barely! :) J/K. That's one of my favorite (and shortest) movie quotes (What About Bob)
Sorry to anyone who has been super disappointed that I haven't posted in forever. Life has just been too busy. Busier than the normal busy. I don't know with what exactly, but it MUST be since I haven't emailed or blogged in so long.

Let's see.... since Christmas, my beautiful little sister Jennie got married. That took up a lot of my time and attention between Christmas and Jan. 19th. Here's some pictures...
After months of begging, bribing, arm twisting, threats and loving coaxing, we got Kaitlyn to agree to be Jennie's flower girl. We got Megan to be a Junior Bridesmaid and put within a couple hours had her agreeing to do it. They both looked so pretty and though it was a nervwracking job, they did awesome. (This picture was not posed, the camera guy just happened to catch Kaitlyn admiring her dress)
Beautiful girls!!!!
Left to right - Lynda, Me, Jennie, Aine, Bethany and Megan & Kate in front
My mom giving Jennie Jennie away. It was a very very sweet moment. And the reception was a total blast. The whole day was awesome, and we got a new brother-in-law to boot! Yeah!

Paul and I finally bought the bikes we said we’d buy a year ago at Christmastime. So we’ve gone bike riding a few times.
(In our matching Colorado Shirts - Yeah Colorado!)
The first time we just rode a couple miles south of our house to a park. These huge trees (which are OBVIOUSLY not native to AZ) thought it was fall, since Phoenix is a little behind schedule with the rest of the country, and were dropping leaves like crazy. We thought it was pretty awesome so we tried to make the biggest pile we could, and the kids were jumping in and having a blast. Paul said it was Mom’s turn (me J ) to jump in, so they had to make an adult sized pile, and when it came time to jump in, I honestly didn’t know how to do it. Have you, as an adult, tried doing a slip & slide? It was kind of like that. "You want me to throw my huge self down at the ground?!?" I’m a lot higher off the ground than I was when I was a kid…. so it was scary, but Jack took the liberty of showing me the ropes, and I jumped and it was fun!

Then Paul wanted to take a picture of us all after we’d jumped in and thrown leaves everywhere, so here’s that picture. It was totally fun. I’ve always thought it’d be fun for us to all have bikes and ride together. Since then we’ve taken a longer day trip down to Indian Bend Wash in Scottsdale. We rode about 4 miles, and turned around and went 4 miles back. I pulled the trailer with Jack in it for some extra exercise. There are some steep hills, which are awesome going down, but a little hard to get up, so I definitely got some nice leg exercise.


I’ve been busy with the scouts in our ward. I’m the advancement coordinator, but I also help Paul out with stuff, like their most recent fundraiser, where they post flags for people on national holidays. That was fun, and the boys did a good job. I’m finally starting to get a handle on this whole scouting thing. It’s always been so confusing to me! Anyway, though I can’t account for most of the time that passes each day, it seems like I’m sure busy a lot! Oh, I guess I could add that we’ve had our share (I hope!) of sickness this past week. I got really super sick on Saturday, which I think was Valentine’s day, but since I spent the day writhing in pain, I don’t remember much. In time for me to start to recuperate that night, Paul started feeling gross, but had to go to church anyway because the other 2 members of the bishopric were out of town! Poor guy! He came straight home and got in bed for the rest of the day. He recovered enough to go to work on Monday, when Kate and Jack both came down with fevers, and Kate has missed all but half-day Wednesday this week because she has pneumonia now! See…. THIS is where my time goes! Sheesh!


Well, I hope I can get myself together enough to start blogging a little more, scrapbooking again, and hanging out with my sisters during the week! We used to get together all the time, and we never do ‘cuz we’re all so dang busy! We’ll see!

5 comments:

teviawall said...

Kathie, I love those leaf pictures. They are so beautiful and it looks like you had a great time.

Kate and Meg look so pretty in their white dresses as well. I am glad that everything went well with your sisters wedding.

MLRTYME FAMILY said...

I totally know what you mean! Throwing yourself into leaves...ouch. I was thinking the same thing at the dance when I was trying to hula hoop and jump through it. It is amazing how we become adults and forget how to do some of the funnest things!

Courtney said...

I was getting worried about you. The wedding looked so beautiful! That picture of Kate is amazing! I would love for Scott and I to get some bikes so we can do family rides. What a great idea. Those leaf pictures are to die for. You all are so cute!

Todd and Wendy said...

Kathie that picture of Kate is killing me!!! Ugh, she's so pretty, I miss you guys!!! And that leave pile was HUGE!! Those pictures are awesome, you all are so photogenic, I'm so jealous!

Todd and Wendy said...

Oh yeah, and YAY COLORADO!!!!!!!!!