I haven't posted in forever, I apologize. I've thought about it a lot, but haven't had any time.
Just a short post to let you know that my Mom was admitted to the hospital the other day when I took her in for her follow-up appointment to check in on this pneumonia that she can't kick. She'd been having a more and more difficult time breathing, to the point that it was scaring her pretty bad. Turns out, it's the cancer that has spread throughout BOTH lungs now and there's nothing left to do. Within an hour of the news, my entire family headed here to spend our last few days with her. She was really suffering yesterday, unable to breath because her lung capacity is just so minimal, she felt like she was suffocating. We've been in touch with hospice for a while, so they were able to quickly come to the hospital, meet with us, and arrange for her to be taken home and cared for there for whatever time she has left. Shortly after the news, we got her some morphine which helped immensely (thank Heaven for good drugs!) and as long as she's on that, and some other drugs, she's holding up well. She is weak, and tired, and has a difficult time talking, but she's 100% still there and we're able to talk, hug, love and cry with her a little, (okay, a lot). It has been an incredibly long day (yesterday). We all knew this day would come, and so in a way we were prepared, but we also knew that we wouldn't and couldn't be totally prepared. It's difficult to finally be -here- at this place, but oh my gosh, we've had OVER an entire YEAR to spend time with my Mom, talk, learn, grow, love and squeeze. I am so so so grateful for that, it's been an incredible gift. I appreciate so much the thoughts and prayers from all of you. Love you all tons.
6 comments:
You have an amazing family. Courtney and I love you guys. You are in our prayers.
Thank you so much Scott, and Courtney for your message. Thank you for your prayers, and for being such wonderful friends.
Kathie, I just love you. You all have been in our thoughts and prayers. I'll look for an update on funeral arrangements so I can come down and give you a real hug in person. Your mom's legacy lives on in her amazing children and grandchildren. I'm so glad there was such a spirit of peace for you all today. She is happy and looking down on you with love.
We are saying lots of prays for you. We really wish we could be there. love you!
So sorry...thats so sad..
Kathie-Have had you on my mind and prayers, love you, so sorry. Let me know what we can do for you and your family!
Post a Comment