See, this is why I think a blog is a good idea! People who care can take their time reading my dumb captions (most of which have spelling errors, sorree) and those who don't care AS much (Scott, Kent, the list goes on) can just skip through and glance at a picture here and there and be done! And those who don't care at ALL can just PRETEND they looked at the never ending slide show of our trip!
I posted these in order, so they come up backwards (last day first etc.) so if you want to get it in order, you need to scroll down and watch the slide shows going UP to the top of the posts.
The funny story about Jack, we were eating breakfast at the Wilderness Lodge (they had Mickey Mouse shaped waffles that were very very tastey) and the booster seat he was sitting on slipped off his chair and he fell to the floor, and banged the entire side of his head on Kaitlyn's chair on his way down. He was crying - a LOT - of course... he was really hurt. Anyway, mid-scream he stops completely and goes "a bunny..." and points out the window at a bunny eating a carrot. It was hysterical. Not sure if they are placed there strategically ("Cue the dear!") or just naturally there (I think they are naturally there). There were bunnies, cardinals, storks, PELICAN's... there was lots of wildlife there it was crazy. Totally better than scorpions and lizards I must say. I guess that's what you get when you live somewhere where there is WATER for things to LIVE and GROW in!
Anyway - we had a great time. It was, as mom has said many times since we got back, like a dream. We were so tired from cramming SO much (many fireworks shows, parades galore and stunt shows, plays and other such entertainments) into 5 1/2 days, but once the jet lag wore off, the laundry got washed, and the sadness that it was all over passed, we can look back and say WOW - what a fun trip!!
Thanks to Doug, the owner of the company Paul works for, who sent us on this trip (for Paul's amazing service to the company of course). There's no way we ever would have made it there without him picking up the tab! We had SO MANY near misses.... we missed our flight, and got one within a couple hours, we lost a bag with our souvenirs in it, we left our camera/case/DW tickets down by the pool and nobody had stolen it... everything that went "wrong" was righted again, so many times we can't even remember them all. Anyway, it was an awesome awesome trip. I ramble.... sorry! I don't have great writing skills -- I just slap it down as I think it.... which is usually disastrous!
Love all of you!
2 comments:
What awesome slide shows! I feel like I was there right along with you!!! SOOoooo fun! Ya know, I was never very interested in DisneyWorld until I saw your pictures. I'm glad you were able to go - everything is fun when it's (almost) free, huh? ;o) That was Hawaii for us - and if you're anything like us, you're already trying to play when you can go again! Yea!!
Totally! In the beginning, we were saying "well.... this will be the one and only time we ever go to DW" and by the end we were like, "Well, you know, if we save up for the next 5 years, maybe we can go again!!!"
Post a Comment