For the second year in a row, our stake has held a "Royal Princess Ball" for every girl 18 months - 12 years old and their "prince charming" (which for most girls is their daddy). All the girls dress up in their prettiest dresses (a lot do fancy hair, sparkly make-up etc.) and some of the dad's wear tuxes, or at least their suits, and go dance, drink punch, eat h'ordeuvres, make crafts, have their picture taken and then dance some more (poor Kate last year insisted on wearing those cheap dress-up princess shoes, her poor feet!). We didn't do any fancy hair this year because we were desperately trying to find a cheap car to buy (since our last one was killed -- see earlier post) before our 30 day rental coverage ended.
The girls had a great time, (despite the car search making them a tad late) they do all these cute dances, like the chicken dance, the conga line, hokey-pokey etc.
Just thought I'd share! They sure love their daddy though! So sad he's the one who has to go to work all day. They're stuck with me!
3 comments:
They look so pretty. It sounds like they had a lot of fun though. :)
That is so cute! Wow, what a great idea! Car searches are terrible. I hope you can find a good deal. Ya, my kids feel the same way about me. He is great and I am a heap of poo. Who cares that I keep their clothes clean and make sure they eat. Whatever! :)
I LOVE that idea! So fun!!! And your girls do look like absolute princesses. Adorable! Tell Paul I love his cheesy "I can't believe I have to wear my suit on a weekday" smile. ;)
Sorry to hear about the car :( Good luck with all that, hun. I'l have to look at your past blogs, haven't heard the story...
LOL, Courtney, that is TOO funny! I hate that Disneyland Daddy syndrome, too. It's sure nice when I get to be the nice guy that gives in once in a while!
Post a Comment