Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mom's Birthday & A Trip To The Dentist

My Mom's Birthday


My Mom got home from her trip to Disneyland on her 62nd birthday (Sept. 30). I'd talked to my Dad the day before about whether or not he'd be willing to let my mom take Tayte, the stray cat we had taken in and fixed up. Our 2 cats were not very welcoming to him. It would have taken a very long time for them to learn to stand each other, and they'd probably never actually like each other. Anyway, my Dad was so cool about it, and was actually really excited to see her reaction. (He's never really allowed us to have pets... he's not a pet person). I brought food over to make dinner and my dad brought her home from the airport. Jennie & I had spent the day getting things done, including giving the kitty a bath so he'd be even cleaner and fresher. He was so patient and calm during the whole ordeal. Just another testament to his sweet nature. We gave my mom a bag full of kitty supplies, which confused her until we finally told her why. Jennie brought Tayte down from his hiding place upstairs and my Mom seemed really happy. He was very calm while there were tons of kids around. I'm SO glad he has her, and she has him. He doesn't have to feel so threatened by my mean cats anymore!


The Dentist

I totally love going to the kids dentist. When Jack hit his front teeth earlier this year I was referred to Dr. Brenke, a pediatric dentist. His office is so awesome that I want to go there!


All 3 kids were due for cleanings, and it's so nice that they can do them all at once instead of waiting like our old office. The entire office is decorated like The Incredibles, but it's all based on the bad guy DeKay or something like that. It's awesome. The Dr. is SO cool and so good with the kids. They offer me a drink every time I go in. If you ever go in, use me as your reference and maybe I'll get a free toothbrush! :)

4 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, sooooo super cute! LOVED the pics of your Mom's birthday. Sounds like everyone wins! Cute cat for your mom, no blood on your hands from cat fights, everyone's happy. :)

That dentist's office is SO cool! I wish Noelle's dentist was that awesome. Heck, I wish MY dentist was that awesome.

Laura said...

What a cute birthday gift - happy for everyone! What a sweet picture of your parents hugging.

That is an awesome dentist office!! I think I'D go there too! ;o)

Courtney said...

Those are cute pictures of your mom! I am glad the cat will be happy. Wow, that is a nice dentist and office looks super fun! It think I would even like my teeth cleaned there.

Tina Manumaleuga said...

Mom looks like she had a nice birthday! .....You look great too!

COOL dentis office. Do they take kids our age? J/K where is that place? We take Noah to My Kidz dentist but doesnt look as fun as that place! Jack looks so cute in that big chair!