Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Injury #1 of 3

Poor Megan, the first week of December she was playing tetherball with a friend and hurt her finger. The nurse buddy taped it, but after another 2 mornings, it was getting worse instead of better. Luckily for us, Paul’s brother who just moved back to Phoenix a few months ago, is an orthopedic surgeon. I asked him if he thought I should bother taking her to a Dr. or not. He offered to take a look at it and get her an x-ray at his office. So, we had a lovely little trip down to his cool office and got to see "Dr. Bennion" at work. It was cool. He’s got a great bedside manner for the record. He had his partner who is a hand specialist take a look at it, and it was definately broken. They put a large splint and cast on it to keep it from jostling around and making the break worse. It was pretty close to the joint, so just to be safe, she got a ginormous cast for her tiny little pinky. I made the mistake of telling the P.A. at the office that this is the first major injury our family has ever had. She said "knock on wood" and I blew it off. Woops!

No comments: