Before we headed out on Friday night to meet Paul’s friend from work in Mesa for the Easter Pageant, we decided to take a bike ride with the kids. There are tons of horse property’s and ranch style homes in our neighborhood, so there’s always cool animals to see. There’s a huge bull (I swear almost the size of an elephant), goats, sheep, chickens, horses, cows, and on this lovely Friday, a mommy horse with her baby foal. They were both so sweet, and we thoroughly enjoyed petting and feeding them. On the way back home, the kids were, well, grumpy. They usually get that way when we stop doing something that they like doing. So heading home wasn’t good anyway, but on the way, the girls spotted a bird that was obviously either really sick, or really injured. We had the 15 minutes of crying, sobbing, begging and pleading to save the bird… but Paul and I refused, reminding them about the whole circle of life thing and all that. All they had to say to that was, through more tears, we were the rudest parents ever and that we don’t care about animals at ALL! Phew. So, we head home after we tear our sobbing crying kids away from this bird who was on the verge of death (who knows, he was probably 97 in bird years and it was just his time to go! What were we going to do? He seemed poisoned or something, if it was a broken wing we might have done something). We get home, and after putting the bikes and trailer up, come in the house, and Megan had immediately gone onto the computer to Google (where all the answers to lifes questions are!) and looked this up….. it was so funny I had to take a picture. Can you tell we watched Princess Bride recently (there’s a difference between MOSTLY dead, and ALL dead).
On to a happier note, here are pictures from the Easter Pageant. We could have incorporated the death of the bird to spring, renewal, and resurrection, but I think I was too annoyed at all the crying.
3 comments:
What a WONDERFUL night at the Easter Pageant! Thanks for having me and I felt so priviledged to spend the evening with the Bennion Family. Love you all - Tracie
I love that! Our kids are all about saving animals. I am with you about the cycle of life. Bring it on!
OMG... I think I'm going to die from the mostly dead comment!!! I love your kids!
Post a Comment