I took a few days off motherhood to go to BYU Women's Conference with my sisters Heidi & Wendy, and Sister-in-Laws Amy, Amy, Laura & Becky. We had a great time... back on the ranch in Phoenix, Paul took the kids somewhere almost every day I was gone (what a fun guy :) ). They went swimming, to a movie, and one day they spent at Rawhide (which they've moved from Scottsdale to way out into the boonies) where they had a great time. The kids loved it. First thing Jack told me was "I got to ride the burros." He was too scared at first, but they hopped on and had several rides.
Burro Rides! Don't they look so natural?
Kate & Jack just relaxin'.
Starting in January, Megan was selected to be in the District Honor Choir with her BF Aubrey. They had practices once a week (on Monday nights, that was hard for FHE) and then performed at the school, and then did a tour to several schools in the district, and a nursing home or two. They did an incredible job. I think she really liked it, though she was a little nervous about it in the beginning. She was a belly dancer for the Aladdin song (it was a Disney Spectacular) and she did great.
Megan & Aubrey (Alice in Wonderland)
A couple weeks ago Paul spent a week in South America. He's been traveling a bit more than usual doing training for several international partners of Hard Dollar. He was in Peru and then Columbia and had a really good time remembering what life was like on his mission in the Canary Islands oh those many years ago. His partner that met him for the trip was from Sao Paulo and convinced Paul to do his training and demo's in Spanish. He was a bit reticent at first, but agreed to it when the guy said "you don't have to if you're scared". Everyone said he did a good job and even his driver from the hotel that kind of chaufferred him around said his Spanish was really good.
Here's a view out his hotel room in Columbia.
In a really cool restaurant in Columbia.
5 comments:
Hooray, Kathie and Paul! Cute pictures of the kids and you, too, Paul! Love you and miss you:)
It's about time you update your blog! The pictures are great! It's good that Paul could keep the kids entertained while you were gone! But they're going to wish you were gone more often with all the fun stuff they did!
You guys look great! Miss you much!
Very fun that he's been traveling to such exotic places!! I hope he took a few more pictures than just those 2. hehe.
I'm glad we got to go to Women's Conference together. It was a great experience and very healing for me. I sure have fallen off the blogging train, though. ;o)
1. Rawhide!!! OMGosh, didn't we go on a double date there? That settles it, you, Paul, Steve and I are hitting the town western style next time we visit.
2. Tell Meg I'm so proud of her! I'll bet she made a great belly dancer, if you taught her everything she knows. ;)
3. I'm WAY too jealous of Paul. That looks amazing! Moi Bien....or something.
4. Love you. :D
Post a Comment