Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

I still haven't posted pictures from our TOTALLY RADICAL trip to Colorado, but since Halloween is shorter and easier, here's some pictures!

We were trying to rush to the school's Fall Festival, which was held the same night as the ward Trunk or Treat, but I tried getting a picture of the 3 kids. For some reason, the Wizard was not in the mood for a picture. :) So, we had a Wizard (not a witch) Superwoman and Davey Crocket (NOT Daniel Boone!)


The school's Fall Festival was better this year. You could toss pie at the teachers, the cake walk, which Kaitlyn seems to win every year, and a bunch of carnival games with better prizes. We headed next door to the church for the Trunk or Treat. This is the first year we've had the presence of mind, or desire really, to decorate the trunk a bit. It was fun. Jack finally got the idea -- you say Trick or Treat to the person with the big bucket of candy, and then they give you a piece, and then you say "Thank You" and move on. :)


At the end of the ward party (where John & Rebecca's family came to hang out with us too) we got a message that my Mom was in the hospital!! What the heck!?!?!??!!? UGH! Needless to say, I was worried something had gone wrong with the chemo treatment that morning (where we'd had a super fun time hanging out with some other cancer friends we met), but it was her blood sugar, which was over 700 (I think anything over 200 is really bad). Apparently, on top of Cancer, she has diabetes! They are hopeful that it will be able to be treated with oral medication rather than shots. Let's cross our fingers! So, it's a total tradition that we all go trick or treat at my mom's house at the end of the night, so we snuck into the E.R. and visited my mom. I think it made her happy to have the visit. She said she would have been very sad not to have seen the kids all dressed up this year. WE LOVE YOU MOM!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Look at that fuz-head!! Hey, we have one too! (hee,hee) I'm so sorry about your mom! Is that a side-effect of the chemo or do they think it going to happen regardless of the cancer?!?! Too much, man! Too much. It's just not right.

Cute costumes - even the sulky faces fit for Halloween. hee,hee

Hezstone said...

What a thoughtful time...the kids look darling...cute post..and what a full day...

Courtney said...

I don't know how you found time to do Halloween, wow! The kids look super cute! oh, your poor Mom. Seriously what more could happen!

Tina Manumaleuga said...

Hey Kath! So glad we got in touch again! we miss you and your beautiful familia! Your mom is in our prayers! I am so sorry to hear she is ill.. Let me know if Mom or you or any of you need ANYTHING!! PLEASE!! Hugs let me know when we can all get together again!