Kate gets her ears pierced!
My younger sister Jennie is getting married in January. She has said she has always wanted Kaitlyn to be her flower girl, and now that her and Wes are finally getting married, Kaitlyn absolutely refused to do it. She HATES being in the spotlight, especially when people think she's CUTE. Well, after a few months of talking, asking, coaxing and BRIBING she finally agreed to do it IF her older sister Megan would walk down the isle with her. Now, Megan of course isn't a "flower girl" because that would be SO embarrassing.... so she is just a "Jr. Bridesmaid". No flower throwing for her. Anyway, one of the bribes we had to follow through on was letting her get her ears pierced a year early so she could wear pretty earrings at the wedding. So here's pictures of her getting it done. It was cool, she wasn't nervous AT ALL. She was so nonchalant about the whole thing. Of course, then the lady slaps on surgical gloves and she got a littler nervous, but it was okay. The lady did it slowly so it kind of hurt more than maybe it SHOULD have, but she didn't care. After a few minutes it was no big deal. Anyway, she looks SO pretty with her little earrings. It was a big day for her.
Jack gets sick again...
Jack sure does get sick a lot. This was one of very few times where he was a real booger, instead of cuddly and mellow. He kept saying ALL DAY "I gunna frow up. I need to go at duh Doctor." Well, I laid him down for a nap, hoping he'd sleep it off, but uh... yeah, instead he puked up a TON of chocolate milk. GROSS!!!!! Anyway, we kept him from puking until late that night. He started to run a little fever, so I gave him a bit of Tylenol and a sip of water here and there. He kept it down for about 2 hours, long enough for the fever to go down, but totally bizarre - he puked it up. He threw up again in the middle of the night and spent the entire night up and crying and moaning and not making any sense, but VERY mad at me for not taking him to the Dr. It was VERY exhausting, and made me even MORE thankful than I already am that I am through with the infant phase of child-rearing. That was absolutely the hardest part for me.... not getting a solid chunk of sleep time for MONTHS. Ugh. Anyway, here's a picture of him the next morning. Not lookin' so hot huh? Poor boy! He woke up, and kept yelling for chocolate milk, that he was "all better" so FINE, I let him have some after an hour of arguing and he actually didn't puke! After an hour of laying down, he just got up and started bouncing off the walls as usual! He took some hefty naps though the next 2 or 3 days though. That was nice.
6 comments:
D'oh, I totally didn't notice her earrings at church. I feel so bad. I loved when I got my ears pierced. I was in third grade and thought I was so big. We also believe in bribing and Malik is the one we have to bribe the most often. I guess whatever works!
Good job on being so brave Kate!
I am so totally in agreement with jack on this one.... I wanted my cholocate milk also... ya gotta have it ... I am glad he is feeling better. I hope I feel better tomorrow. and I can't wait to see Katlyns earings she is so brave and what a great big sister Megan is.
Kaitlyn is so cute! Brin is so nervous about getting her ear pierced. Ashlyn had quite the experience, I will have to tell you about it sometime.
Poor Jack! That's miserable (for him and you) that he keeps getting sick. I'm glad he's feeling better. Kaitlyn is so funny that she doesn't want to be in the spotlight. Most kids her age would love it! But she looks so cute with her earings!
AWW cute pic of Jack! Miss him! Look at those eyes! We were all sick here last week with that flu bug! It was a nasty bug! I hope he is better and you and the girls and Paul dont get it! Poor Jack!
Tell Kaitlyn I STILL dont have pierced ears! hee hee...Good for her! She is brave and now has pretty pierced ears!
ADORABLE! I can't believe she has her ears pierced. We are OLD! And so sorry to hear about Jack Jack :( You're absolutely right, the only (or most) sucky part about parenting is sleepless nights. I hope Noelle sleeps better with her tonsils out!
Hey, I didn't see anything about your b-day! How'd it go, Turkey birthday girl? :D
Post a Comment