Jack and I have been alone all weekend. Paul's been at Scout Camp since last Wednesday, and the girls went with some family friend of ours to their cabin and have been gone since Friday. So, needless to say, Jack and I have had some totally awesome bonding time.
Driving home from dinner at my sisters house tonight (gotta love my family, I had somewhere to eat, or someone to eat with every single night!) Jack was asking why I didn't drive super super fast. I said it's not allowed, like running at the pool, it's not safe and you just aren't allowed. He asked why again, needing more explanation. He mentioned something about the police. I said, "Well, it's also kind of like we don't run in church...... because.... well, it's Heavenly Father's house and we need to show respect." He says, "That's Heavenly Father's house??" I said, "Yeah, all of the church's are His house, and so are the temple's. That's where his spirit is, where we can feel his spirit." After a minute he goes, "..... does Heavenly Father have a spirit car too? To drive?"
So so so perfect coming from Jack. What else would you park in Heavenly Father's garage at His house?!?!?
The girls came home safe and sound tonight. I missed them a lot. It was really nice to have total TOTAL alone time with just me and Jack, but I missed my girls. Now we're just going to wait in the morning for Paul to come home and it'll be back to crazy family life again! Yeah!!!! Bring on the summer! The kids are all signed up for swim lessons at the Y, and Megan for volleyball, Kate for basketball and Jack for Itty Bitty Sports. They are all so excited! We'll see how well I function with all this running here and there. (Well, technically, it's just THERE -- to the Y. But still.....)
No comments:
Post a Comment