Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Jack Turns 4!

Jack turned 4 on the 7th. Last year he was excited about his birthday, but this year, he totally got it. He'd see things on T.V. or at the store and say, "Mom, I wally, waalllly want that for my birthday." He was very set on what he wanted his birthday party theme to be too. Months before, and all the way up to the day of the party, he wanted trucks and motorcycles. Thanks to my wonderfully talented sister-in-law Amy, who is a master cake decorator, she gave me the idea to take Jack to the store and have him pick out a toy to put on the cake and just make a scene to go with it.

That's what we did, and I seriously decorated this cake an hour before the party. It was fun and easy. Glad I didn't have to make a cake in the SHAPE of a tractor you know?

All day long, everywhere we went, when Jack or I would tell people it was his birthday they'd naturally say "Well Happy Birthday Jack!" and he, EVERY SINGLE TIME would say back to them, "Happy Birthday!" I tried explaining it to him, but it was useless. Apparently he wanted everyone else to have a happy birthday with him!

This was the cutest. I went to tuck Jack in he asked for his motorcycle to sleep with. Then he wanted his firetruck too.... and he showed me where to put them on his bed. Then he said, "can you just get all my birthday present toys in here?" So I did.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh, he is such a cute kid! What a great cake! I am so impressed.