Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The fruits of our labors...


I'm not sure how much money we've spent on the garden, the supplies to build it, the special dirt, the fertilizer, the seeds and plants, the ladybugs, the calcium spray, the newer and larger tomato cages, the list goes on. BUT, hey, we have vegetables! Here's a couple tomatoes, a squash and our one and only green bell pepper. We've used the lettuce a TON (hamburgers, salads and treats for Oreo) and we've had sauteed squash a few times too. The tomatoes are now ripening at a good pace, we always have a few to pick every day. The tomatoes are so good - and we even picked a cucumber the other day. It's the miracle of life -- the whole seed turning into a plant that then produces food... it's cool. :) We've even caught a few caterpillars and the girls fed them and they've made cacoons and any day now will probably come out (too bad they'll probably just be ugly moths!)
There's the latest garden update. It's amazing how much I can talk about something so boring isn't it? Wait 'till I get GOING!

No comments: