Friday, May 27, 2011

Yosemite Day 3


Jack was very upset about this picture - Paul was trying to get an awesome pose, and after I clicked, he stomped away and said it was a "lame picture". Good attitude kiddo.


This hike was probably the longest, and most complained about. It was to Mirror Lake, and to be honest, I don't even know if we made it all the way TO Mirror Lake. The kids were tired, and hungry and super not interested in a lame lake. I have to admit, though it was pretty, it wasn't worth the complaining, and wasn't nearly as awe inspiring as the roaring waterfalls of previous hikes. Note to self, skip this one next time.


It was a lot colder on this day - half dome was covered in clouds, and it snowed up there a bit too.


Downhill is favorite.


Jeff?? What the??? JEFF???? This guy looked and had the same mannerisms and facial expression as our youngest brother Jeff. It was SUPER TRIPPY!




Playing Kaitlyn's "Yosemite" cards in the lodge, getting warm cuz it was so stinkin' cold outside. It was also nice to just chill out, and we couldn't really do that freezing in our tent.


Ha ha! We're dorks I know... but we were watching video's of people at Yosemite. This particular video is of a guy doing a head stand on Glacier Point. YIKES!!!!




Waiting for a shuttle.


Another hike - this one to Nevada Falls.... I think.


Yet another waterfall on our way to Nevada Falls…


The picture doesn’t do justice to the power and force and size of these rocks and the water going over them. It was crazy!
Hard to see - there's a squirrel on this rock. He just got fed by some kids ahead of us, so he's waiting for Jack to hand over the goldfish crackers. I told Jack to pretend to kiss it.


Down stream from Nevada Falls


Nevada Falls...
Us 3 were content to watch Paul and Kate boulder hop to the middle of the raging river of death so they could get a good picture of the falls.




They were playing "1 - 2 - 3 - make a letter with Jack's legs!"  Haven't you ever played it??

The boys all tucked in bed....


The cabins didn't light up this much, I did a longer exposure on my camera. It looks awesome though doesn't it!?!?



















































































No comments: