Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Teeny Tiny Baby Wizard (that's how Jack says it)

All 3 of our kids have always been super obsessed with catching bugs, butterflies, lizards, beetles etc. (everything but scorpions that is). We have a ton of lizards that live in our backyard, and occasionally we see little babies. Well, the kids were successful in catching another one yesterday. They had it tucked in a box with rocks to simulate it's natural environment :) and Megan thought Kate could keep it forever so she'd have a lizard when Megan finally earns all the money she needs to buy a bearded dragon (her new latest obsession). Anyway, it was very cute -- the little lizard. I think he was cold in the house because every time I'd pick him up he'd hug his tummy onto my skin because it was warm. It would cock his head to the side and blink his tiny little eyes. It was too dang cute. After I tucked the kids in bed, and the baby lizard was securely situated to be protected from the cats, Kate came out with little tears in her eyes and said she
just wanted to let the lizard go back "home" outside to be with his family. So, normally I'd be irritated she got out of bed, but this time it was okay -- FREE THE LIZARD! So, we took him out back and put him back on the wall by the flowers. Ahhh.... the innocence of youth. They are cute... sometimes!




2 comments:

Liz said...

That is the most ADORABLE story ever!!! Your kids are so sweet. And I agree with you on that whole "innocence of youth...sometimes" thing. ;)

SADACAD said...

Welcome to the club! Bearded dragons are a really cool pet. Cavlin had one, but it died on the move to St. George. They had a buriel for it and all. I would buy one again, if they didn't cost so much money! Good luck to Megan earning all that money!