Oh, and an update -- Paul meant to post another picture of his Excema (Part Deux) but never got around to it. The Dr. prescribed him some even more potent medicine than he was already using, and within 2 days his finger was pretty much completely healed. Yeah for modern medicine!
Monday, August 4, 2008
Ouch
Sorry, but I had to share -- I'm suffering, and therefore, everyone else should suffer along, right? In January or February I rolled my ankle 20 feet from the parking lot at Squaw Peak on the hike down. Lame. It hurt, but not for too long. It looked rounded and chubby for quite a while, and I didn't have great flexibility with it for a long time, but it was just starting to get back to normal. So, of course today I stepped off a curb and apparently forgot how to walk, and rolled the same ankle again, but this time a lot worse. Several very kind strangers came to my aid (I was walking around the van to get Jack out) after I shouted something (I can't remember, but something that apparently caught people's attention!)
but I just hobbled into the van and sat with Jack with a cold water bottle on it. After a bit the pain went away for the most part, and I had things that needed to be done -- so after 3 hours of walking around I'm in a LOT of pain. Boo hoo. So sad. Anyway... it's very swollen, so I thought I'd get a shot of it. So, anyone got any great ideas of what I can get out of doing because of my injury? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
OUCH! That looks like it hurts! Derrek had Excema on his toes. We thought it was athlete's foot, but no one else was getting it and the athlete's foot cream wasn't working. We took him in and the doctor said that it was excema and gave us a new cream and within two days it was healed. I didn't even know that could happen!
Eeeeewww! Ouch! I can think of a lot of things you could get out of and a lot of things you could eat to ease the pain...! Mmmm, lunchtime!
Oww! That had to hurt! I say you can get anything out of being hurt. Milk it for all it's worth... Sorry Paul.
That looks terrible! I think you should have that checked out. It doesn't seem normal at all. Will you get that check out, please :) In the meantime totally milk it for all its worth. You defiantly can't put the kids to bed with an injury like that!
I second Courtney's opinion! Get thee to a doctor, woman! And yes, you can milk that for a LOT, it looks soooo painful. :( Be sure you keep it up with an ice pack on it...and eat some ice cream, too, to help even out the cold. ;)
Awwww... thanks for all the sympathy girls!! You're one to talk Liz!! You shouldn't even be sitting up typing!!
Okay, LADY!!! What in the WORLD was worth walking around for THREE HOURS on a sprained ankle!?!?!?! You crazy woman. I say, it serves you right. (hee,hee) Just kidding. I'm really, really sorry you got hurt. It looks AWFUL - the swollen and the pooled blood. Please take care of yourself for a few days while you heal - and I MEAN it!! ; )
Post a Comment