Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School

So, today was the first day of school for the girls. Megan's starting 5th grade (which is the age I was when we moved here to Phoenix!) and Kaitlyn is starting 1st. We had a little bit of drama this morning with Kate's class. I wanted her to be in Mrs. Mosca's class... that was Megan's 1st Grade teacher and she's an AWESOME lady. Unfortunately she got put into another class where the teacher is 7 months pregnant. I volunteered a lot when Megan was in Mrs. Mosca's class, and I just love her to death. She still sends Megan a birthday card every year.

Anyway, I had written a letter to the principal last week requesting a change of teacher, but apparently the office staff lost it. Thursday was "Meet the Teacher" day, and uh... we didn't know which teacher she should "meet"! That's when we found out they lost the letter. Apparently the principal was injured while on vacation and was going to be gone for a couple more weeks too! Anyway.... I guess this morning they finally got her moved into Mrs. Mosca's class, but poor lady didn't have any name tags, or desk stuff for Kate, so she felt bad. And Kate had been excited about sitting next to her friend in the other classroom... so I felt SUPER guilty for making a fuss... but Kate would have found something to cry about one way or the other -- she is a very emotional first day of schooler. (Preschool.... Kindergarten... etc.) One of our really good friends in the ward showed up with her daughter, so then Kaitlyn perked up and was fine staying in that class. She's loved Mrs. Mosca since Megan was in her class... so I think it was just the first day jitters. Here's a picture of them. I think Megan had a few jitters too.... even though she has 2 of her best friends in her class... and she's an old pro at first days of school... she was fretting over her school bag looking "poofy" and it took a while to get her to relax and smile for the picture. I miss them! :(

4 comments:

Todd and Wendy said...

Aww... they are sooo cute!!! I'm a HUGE fan of the plaid shorts. Tell Megan her bag didn't look poofy at all (even though that would totally be something I would stress about on the first day of school)Is Kate's bag the pink and brown camo bag? Kailey saw the picture and started flipping out... "Kate has the same backpack as me!!!"

Liz said...

LOL, I can't believe your kids are in school, Wendy!!! Or that Megan's in FIFTH grade, good grief I'm old. They are SOOOO cute, Kathie. Tell them that, as an official teacher, I would love EITHER of them in my classroom. :D

Kathie said...

You are so sweet Liz! And you'd be an AWESOME teacher... and give them extra stickers when they were good too I'm sure... :) HA HA! I love the plaid shorts too! So cute!

Courtney said...

Seriously they look so cute! Megan is looking like a teenager! So our kids are from the same mold. Ashlyn would totally be concerned about her bag looking puffy and Brinley is a ball of emotions. We could totally exchange girls and not even notice!