Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cooling Off


Last Christmas we bought ourselves season passes to the 3 waterparks here in Phoenix. We've gone quite a few times but haven't brought my camera (for obvious reasons!) The other day we went with Rachel & her kids, and I figured I could take a few pictures here and there. We had a great time! The girls were really excited to have other kids to go on slides with and play with. The girls are totally fine going down the slides by themselves, even little Kate down the really tall slides (not the ones that go straight down though) and Jack will go down with me on the double tubes. There's a cute little kid play area that he loves, and the girls go off on their own to the slides close to where we're camped out with Jack. There's a set of these smaller blue slides for kids like Jack & Kate, and Jack, though he was very afraid at first, ABSOLUTELY LOVES them. He waves at me for a good minute, doing a kind of OCD routine of one hand wave, two handed wave, patting the top of his head, blowing kisses, tapping each ear, etc. etc. Anyway, as soon as he gets to the bottom and surfaces, he says, "I wanna go AGAIN!" This time around Paul drove from work in Scottsdale down to where we were (Big Surf in Tempe) and we got to spend a couple hours with him around. He and I "raced" down the double twisty slide (which is very scary!) like the one pictured here. It was fun, and I didn't die, which was a bonus!


3 comments:

Liz said...

That looks like SOOO much fun! I'm very glad you survived the slides, Kathie, but I can't imagine the wedgie after getting off one of those. :D

Kathie said...

HA HA HA! I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets those! It wasn't too bad -- I was wearing board shorts.... :)

Laura said...

Whoa!!! That looks WAY fun!! That's cool that everyone could enjoy it together! Makes me actually jealous of your Phoenix heat and the many MONTHS you can enjoy something like that. Well, okay, only slightly jealous. Ouch! I remember the hot concrete!!

And thanks for the update on Paul's finger. Although, he really should post an after picture because I was quite traumatized by the BEFORE!!!!! AaahhAaah
hAaahh! ; )