Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Death of a Camry

Last week on the way home from work, Paul got hit by a guy making a left hand turn through a yellow-light (other guys fault). He caused enough damage to the car that the insurance is calling it "a total loss". So sad! :( I mean, we didn't have the Camry as long as the Corolla, but it was just as sad to lose it as it was to sell the Corolla! I think it's weird to be so attached to a CAR -- but it's kind of like your second home -- spend a lot of time in your car you know.

Anyway, I'm very sorry Mike & Laura, but it's dead! I had to go down to the Auto Auction where they sell cars for insurance companies, and it was so depressing seeing all these cars smashed up and abandoned! :(

The picture on the inside of the car is where Paul's elbow broke through the side paneling of the car. Ouch!

Oh, and the last picture is just a funny one from today -- Jack wearing a milk box. It's a good thing I let him live after the psycho day he had yesterday!

3 comments:

Laura said...

OUCH!!!! Is Paul okay? I can't believe he DENTED it with his elbow!!!! Ouch. So, you get to shop for a new car! Fun, fun!! Can't wait to see what you get next!! I know what you mean about losing a car you loved - it really does feel like a part of the family somehow. Hope Paul is doing okay.

Angela Killpack said...

We hope Paul is okay too. Yeah, I understand about losing a car. I've cried when we've sold, or traded in a car. Dumb huh?

Anonymous said...

Is Paul's elbow ok? That stinks that the car is totaled! Are you guys getting any insurance money?